楼主
发表于 2015-8-18 08:25:03 IP属地黑龙江 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
快御云安全
本帖最后由 lookab 于 2015-8-18 10:14 编辑

Cannot adjust my screen brightness in Windows 1030 people had this question

• Me Too

• Report abuse

• Subscribe to updates

[url=http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/ab01688f-8990-4764-8ac9-068caec358a8]

JG

Jayant Gupta replied on August 2, 2015

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with you are not able to adjust the screen brightness in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to “program compatibility issue” in the system.

I would suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer to the link given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

Note: It will find compatibility information and get Windows compatible device drivers, app updates, and downloads.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

1 person found this helpful

• Helpful

• Report abuse

FR

franzrebs replied on August 3, 2015

In reply to Jayant Gupta's post on August 2, 2015

Thank you so much for the prompt response and thorough directions.

I went ahead and ran the driver setup in compatibility mode for Windows 7. In the middle of the installation, the screen brightness actually lowered and I was able to adjust it using the hotkeys. However, upon completion of the installation, the system rebooted and I was then faced with the BSOD loop again. I had to do a system restore.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

• Helpful

• Report abuse

FR

franzrebs replied on August 11, 2015

Apart from the screen brightness issue still being unresolved, I found out the HDMI doesn't work as well.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

• Helpful

• Report abuse

DA

DarkClouds1984 replied on August 13, 2015

In reply to Jayant Gupta's post on August 2, 2015

This didn't work for me because the Compatibility Tab doesn't exist.
I even tried Power Options and enabling Adaptive Brightness.  It doesn't respond.

How do I roll back to Windows 8?

以上大概是无解的意思吧!

现在很多人都装上WIN10正式版本,并激活成功,但很多的显卡和集成显卡都调不了亮度。所以收集一下现在的显卡型号和电脑配置,以及集显和独显,在就是笔记本双显卡,和笔记本单显卡。

格式如下: 台式机 (笔记本)
                   CPU:INTEL      AMD   

显卡: 集成    独显
                  主板: 型号

样子如下:
            台式机
           cpu:INTEL 4590
           显卡:集成HD4600
           主板:GAb85-hd3 v2.1
           问题:无解,没有亮度调节。

大家一起把亮度问题都打上来吧,有解决的方法也打上来吧!

UID
帖子
PB币
贡献
技术
活跃

8周年庆典勋章

沙发
发表于 2015-8-18 08:33:46 IP属地山西 |只看该作者
我的笔电没问题,这个微软工程师会看到么?

UID
帖子
PB币
贡献
技术
活跃

7周年庆典勋章

板凳
发表于 2015-8-18 08:53:04 IP属地广东 |只看该作者
笔记本
CPU: Intel core 2 T 6670
显卡: AMD 4430
问题:没亮点调节条,刚升级是有的,主板坏了换了一样的就没了

UID
帖子
PB币
贡献
技术
活跃
4F
发表于 2015-8-18 09:34:54 IP属地天津 |只看该作者
建议大家点windows反馈,反应这个问题。

UID
帖子
PB币
贡献
技术
活跃
5F
发表于 2015-8-18 09:43:24 IP属地江苏 |只看该作者
我一开始也有问题,用了windowsUpdate里的显卡驱动,就好了

渡劫期

UID
帖子
PB币
贡献
技术
活跃
6F
发表于 2015-8-18 10:19:16 IP属地黑龙江 |只看该作者
Fix Can’t Adjust Brightness after Upgrading to Windows 8.1

After upgrading an older Lenovo laptop to Windows 8.1 recently, I ran into a very annoying problem. For whatever reason, the ability to adjust the brightness stopped working. Pressing the brightness keys on the keyboard would show that the brightness level was going up or down, but nothing actually changed on the screen! It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen.

The first thing I thought was maybe there was some hardware issue and Windows 8.1 was not recognizing the key press properly. I decided to try to change the brightness level in the OS itself. I opened the Charms bar and clicked on Settings and then tried to adjust the brightness there, but again nothing happened! Now I was really confused.

I also tried to go to Power Options and change the brightness there, but again it didn’t make any difference on the actual display. The second thought that popped into my head was that it was a driver issue. I went to the Lenovo website and downloaded the latest driver I could find for the machine. I was hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn’t!

win 8.1 brightness

At this point, I figured it could be that the latest driver doesn’t yet support Windows 8.1 properly and therefore I need to try out the standard or basic Windows graphics driver instead. In the end, this is what fixed the problem. Now I just have to wait till Lenovo releases an updated driver for  my older Lenovo laptop. Here’s how to fix the issue temporarily.

First, open the Control Panel and click on Device Manager:

control panel win 8

Next, expand Display Adapters and then right-click on the graphics card installed on your system and choose Properties. It could be something like Intel HD Graphics 4000, etc. It’ll depend on what kind of graphics card you have installed, but there really should only be one or two listed max.

display adapters properties

Now go ahead and click on the Driver tab and then click on the Update driver button.

update driver

Next you’ll have two options. You want to choose the Browse my computer for driver software option.

browse computer driver

We’re almost done, so keep going! Now go ahead and click on the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer button at the bottom.

pick from list

Now you want to choose a different driver for the graphics card. You might have play around and pick a different ones and see which works for you, but the safest will always be Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

basic display adapter

Depending on your system, you may see several drivers listed in the box, even the same driver listed multiple times. You can try some of the other ones, but if nothing works, just use the basic driver. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to run the OS at the highest resolution or frame rate if you use the basic driver, but at least you can adjust the brightness.

In my case, I simply switched to the basic driver, adjusted the brightness to where I needed it and then switched back to the original manufacturer driver. The brightness level remained at the level I had set it, so that was good. Then just check every so often to see if there is a new driver and install that when it becomes available. If you’re still having trouble adjusting the brightness on your Windows 8.1 machine, post a comment here and let us know the details. Enjoy!

渡劫期

UID
帖子
PB币
贡献
技术
活跃
7F
发表于 2015-8-18 10:21:09 IP属地黑龙江 |只看该作者
Search for Device Manager in Start Menu
Expand the Monitors section
Right click on Generic PnP Monitor and