【原文標題】China-made string kills 15-yr-old birthday boy
他的父親Mohinder Singh印度電信公司的一名工作人員，他的同事Alok Jindal 在得知事故發生後立即到達了事故現場。
Sangrur: A 15-year-old schoolboy died on the spot of a head injury he sustained from a fall from the scooter when he got entangled in a China-made string. The incident happened on Sunday, the day Tanvir Singh, a class IX student of General Gurnam Singh School, turned 15. Tanvir was going to buy a birthday cake for himself, when he got entangled in a string near the Nankiana roundabout and lost balance. His scooter hit an electric pole and he died on the spot. He was decalred brought dead by doctors at the hospital, the victim's neighbours said. His father Mohinder Singh is an SDO in BSNL and posted in Srinagar. His colleague SDO Alok Jindal reached the hospital soon after hearing about the incident, where he was told about the tragic incident. DC Kumar Rahul said, "The administration has already banned Chinese strings and will look into the incident to take stern action against those found selling them". DSP Swaran Singh said police were looking into the incident.
Saji Thomas(Itanagar, India)46 mins ago (10:35 AM)Why the people did not blame the electric post ?, if it were there the boy would not hit the post!!!!!!. we Indians so stupid. See, even the DC Kumar Rahul said, "The administration has already banned Chinese strings and will look into the incident to take stern action against those found selling them". DSP Swaran Singh said police were looking into the incident; totally stupidity from the part of administration. I appeal the TOI dont fool the public by giving such a news title.
為什麼沒有人怪電線桿子呢？男孩就不會撞到電線桿子了!我們印度人太傻了，盡管DC Kumar Rahul 說「政府已經禁止使用中國制造的繩子，會進一步調查此事，嚴格控制銷售中國繩子。」政府的愚蠢可見一斑。我請求《今日印度》別再用這種新聞標題愚弄大眾了。
Agree (1)Disagree (0)Recommend (1)Offensive
pm(India )1 hr ago (09:58 AM)Chinese threads are mainly nylon and magnetic, also at times plastic based on the research I did online- hence more dangerous. Yeah, 15 year old was driving illegally, not wearing a helmet, but let's get things clear that more incidents are reported where the killer thread slit the throats of drivers & not necessarily 15 year olds, or with or without helmets, even birds are the victims- hence the Chinese threads are to be blamed hands down.
Agree (0)Disagree (1)Recommend (0)Offensive
pm(India)2 hrs ago (09:16 AM)Well only people who have some knowledge of matters should attempt to comment. Dude- Chinese threads are plastic and all the more difficult to be broken, are resilient and hence are popular with kite flyers. But that also means that they are more dangerous if someone gets entangled in them , unfortunately like this young boy who lost his life. NOTHING in this world is more important than life and if Chinese threads are responsible for multiple cases of injuries and deaths of both birds and anima they should be PERMANENTLY banned- be it Chinese, Indian, Bangladeshi or American. Got it?
Agree (6)Disagree (1)Recommend (3)Offensive
Saji Thomas(Itanagar, India)replies to pm38 mins ago (10:43 AM)I think Indian public dont have any agenda to tarnish any nation by making this type of news. This is TOI opinion and some govt officials
Agree (0)Disagree (1)Recommend (0)Offensive
2 hrs ago (09:08 AM)
Your heading is misleading as is the normal practice of your newspaper, instead of pointing at the malaise of people not wearing a helmet while riding a two wheeler, you say it was because of Chinese thread that the poor boy died he could have very well died of getting entangled in Indian thread too.
2 hrs ago (08:44 AM)
Not to play devil's advocate, but if the ill fated boy was wearing his helmet, me might have survived the fall. I am not at all pointing to the fact that 15 year old was driving a vehicle which is illegal. On second thought kite flying should be banned in city area. Anyone can get hurt, lots of young people lost their lives to string entangling accidents. Even a single is worth saving against the fun of all people having flying kites.
2 hrs ago (08:26 AM)
You mean if the string was indian or bangladeshi or some european made the boy would not have died of the scooter accident ? Its outrageous. On the contrary one should appreciate the quality of the chinese strings. Talk of people who look at things negatively....
Pat(Canada)replies to Nesfield
2 hrs ago (08:47 AM)
Nesfield, I agree with you but we need a scapegoat. Life would become boring if we don't have someone to blame to.
3 hrs ago (08:02 AM)
It's a joke on the administration- Chinese threads are sold openly for kite flying - not sure how many deaths will occur before the Chinese threads will disappear from the country. Indians ought to be more aware of the ill effects.
～ 轉帖～ 只覺得有些好笑,呵呵~~